Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce connectors - Input and Output Configuration

Rohit_Bajaj
9 - Comet

Hi All,

I am having a requirement, wherein I need to make my salesforce connectors both input and output configurable using a centralized mechanism.

This is needed to redirect across environments when moving from Dev to Test suppose. I want to configure it in a centralized place and from there all connectors should be able to fetch the necessary connection details.

Since the number of connections is between 50-100, manual changes are tedious and time consuming.

In case anyone is aware of the solution, please guide.

Thanks

Rohit

7 REPLIES 7
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You could make an app that changes the underlying xml of a saved workflow. The app could, for instance, look for all workflows within a given directory and swap out Salesforce parameters. See here.

Rohit_Bajaj
9 - Comet

Hi Neil,

The saved workflow from Alteryx stores the Salesforce related credentials in encrypted manner - the password, token etc.

In case I want to use a human input tool for one to enter the new connection credentials, how to encrypt those to correct values, so that I can replace the old existing credentials inside the workflow source code files with new credentials (with correct encryption).

Thanks,

Rohit Bajaj

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That's why the attached app in the aformentioned post takes new credentials from a Salesforce tool in an existing workflow - so that it grabs the encrypted password.

Rohit_Bajaj
9 - Comet

Thanks Neil for the app. I was able to use that to replace the password (though for a single manually entered file only). In my case I might have more than one set of salesforce connectors pointing to different environments (2 in my case). What I was planning to do is to define a dummy worflow with all needed connections and later for the actual worflows to replace the credentials based on table naming convention, as the segregation login would work in my case if I go with table naming convention logic - including cases even where an usual target is playing the role of source (for e.g. only to pass delta records from source which are not already loaded to target).

Since I am new to Alteryx and regular expressions, it is taking sometime for me to understand/use macros and how to use regular expressions to obtain the desired results. I know that the app you wrote was meant to pull all files within a directory but I was not able to achieve that at my end.

At present, I need to factor how to read all non dummy files from the original folder, translate those with correct credentials using the table naming convention, and if possible to create a new directory and write all those actual files (without name changes) within the new directory - all within Alteryx framework.

I have not marked the post as closed as I might encounter some more issues down the line while developing the final workflow and might need some more help. Hope that should be ok.

Regards,

Rohit

Rohit_Bajaj
9 - Comet
Thanks Neil. I am able to achieve the desired outcome. Marking the thread as closed. Regards, Rohit Bajaj
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Well done! If you're willing to post your solution I'm sure it will come in handy for others.

Rohit_Bajaj
9 - Comet
Sorry Neil, it would not be possible for me to share the actual source code. But I have shared some ideas on top of your original answer. http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/Continuosly-locked-out-of-Salesforce/m-p/18465#M1368 Thanks, Rohit
Labels