Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Salesforce Input V4.0.0 - API Name issue

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am trying to update the existing workflows to use the "Sales force Input tool V4.0.0" and facing an issue where

1.The Query Builder option in the new tool pulls the actual name instead of the API name for the custom objects

2.The Custom Query option in the new tool uses the API Name

The older version of the tool uses API name in both Query Builder and Custom Query options for sales force custom objects

I believe there is no harm in leaving the existing workflows to use the older version tool, but in order to use the new tool in, one has to take some additional steps if one were to use to use both Query Builder and Custom Query in the same workflow

Anyone experiencing this issue as well? It would be nice if the new tool can be updated to use API name in all the options for sales force custom objects

Thanks!!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mtakka1,

Thank you for the post! I tested the tools myself and the new Salesforce tool indeed does use the label name instead of the API name. If you believe retaining the API name is an important feature to have with the connector, I suggest you to post this request to our Idea page so our Products team aware this is a feature our customer is looking for and potentially bring it back in future releases. 

Eddie Wong
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thank you @EddieW, for looking into it. I'll post it in the idea page then.

Labels