Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input Tool Bug - Adding input tool after another one is already placed

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

I was looking around and couldn't seem to find this anywhere else, I am currently grabbing data from Salesforce with the Salesforce Input Tool and the workflow works great for the most part. However when i add the Salesforce Input Tool before another one (when needing to make adjustments) all the tools/adjustments in the workflow have to be replaced to the right of it.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this? Sorry if there is already a post about this

salesforce_input_alteryx.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

The same  issue was reported with this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/You-have-found-a-bug-error-Salesforce/...

Can you try the same (delete the summarize tool and put another one in place and redo the grouping)? 

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @ntobon , this does fix it (I have been doing this). But having to delete all the tools because this issues crops up seems like a bug? Specifically when you need to add something at the back of your workbook?

Here is another example (see photo) 

another_error_photo.png

Update: Here is what happens when i replace that join, it just creates more bugs all the way down the line. This can take up a lot of time if the workflow is long 

another_error_photo_2.png

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Devon  What Alteryx version do you have?  Can you provide your workflow so we can test it on our end ?

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

@ntobon I'm currently using 2019-.4.4.20206

I'm not sure how to share my workflow? I do have sensitive data being pulled but the basics of it are:

- Use the Salesforce Input tool and create a workflow 

- Start another workflow behind the Salesforce Input tool above

This has created this bug 100% of the time 

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Devon  Are you configuring the SFDC tool with the Custom Query with the 'Attempt to Parse JSON Response' option checked?

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Devon  Are you configuring the SFDC tool with the Custom Query with the 'Attempt to Parse JSON Response' option checked?

ntobon_0-1577371401411.png

If so, you are running into a known defect: Defect: "DE21039 - Salesforce Input - 'Attempt to Parse JSON Response' option checked returns error" 

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

@ntobon oh, sorry didn't know where to look for known defects. I will keep my eyes open for this to be fixed? 

Labels