Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input Tool Bug - Adding input tool after another one is already placed

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

I was looking around and couldn't seem to find this anywhere else, I am currently grabbing data from Salesforce with the Salesforce Input Tool and the workflow works great for the most part. However when i add the Salesforce Input Tool before another one (when needing to make adjustments) all the tools/adjustments in the workflow have to be replaced to the right of it.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this? Sorry if there is already a post about this

salesforce_input_alteryx.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

The same  issue was reported with this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/You-have-found-a-bug-error-Salesforce/...

Can you try the same (delete the summarize tool and put another one in place and redo the grouping)? 

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @ntobon , this does fix it (I have been doing this). But having to delete all the tools because this issues crops up seems like a bug? Specifically when you need to add something at the back of your workbook?

Here is another example (see photo) 

another_error_photo.png

Update: Here is what happens when i replace that join, it just creates more bugs all the way down the line. This can take up a lot of time if the workflow is long 

another_error_photo_2.png

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Devon  What Alteryx version do you have?  Can you provide your workflow so we can test it on our end ?

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

@ntobon I'm currently using 2019-.4.4.20206

I'm not sure how to share my workflow? I do have sensitive data being pulled but the basics of it are:

- Use the Salesforce Input tool and create a workflow 

- Start another workflow behind the Salesforce Input tool above

This has created this bug 100% of the time 

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Devon  Are you configuring the SFDC tool with the Custom Query with the 'Attempt to Parse JSON Response' option checked?

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Devon  Are you configuring the SFDC tool with the Custom Query with the 'Attempt to Parse JSON Response' option checked?

ntobon_0-1577371401411.png

If so, you are running into a known defect: Defect: "DE21039 - Salesforce Input - 'Attempt to Parse JSON Response' option checked returns error" 

Devon
6 - Meteoroid

@ntobon oh, sorry didn't know where to look for known defects. I will keep my eyes open for this to be fixed? 

Labels