Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input- Data truncation error

meekben
7 - Meteor

I am using the Salesforce connector to pull in results from a large multipick list. The configuration screen for my input shows the field size for this field as 4099 characters. Yet, once the data is pulled in to Alteryx, the data is truncated to 255 characters and Alteryx drops a red flag on the row. I don't seem to have any ability to change the field type or otherwise specify that I want the entire untruncated field. Is this a change that needs to be effected on the Salesforce side, or is there any way to deal with it within Alteryx?

SF configuration: 

multipick.PNGoutput.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

I have the same issue, is there any solution yet? Thanks. 

meekben
7 - Meteor

I discovered that the data was not being truncated after all. Although the flag shows up on the longer fields, the actual output contained characters beyond the 255 display limit. 

zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, you are right, actually it's down stream tools chop off the field. I manually changed all tools, make it enough room, now it works, thanks. 

Labels