community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Salesforce Input API Version

Hi all,

I am experiencing some problems with the Salesforce connector and my admin thinks it could have something to do with the API version used by Alteryx. As I can't seem to find any information on it, maybe someone here can tell me which API version is being used by the Salesforce input tool. My admin suspects that it is a version below v 31.

In detail, my problem is the relationship Opportunity.Contract. Querying this relationship works in the workbench, but Alteryx tells me that this relationship does not exist. As this relationship became available with API version 31, we suspect Alteryx using a lower version. Any help is appreciated :)

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Alteryx stores the definition of Tools (including Salesforce) as alteryx code itself.

You should be able to locate those in a location simiar to below -

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros\Supporting_Macros\SalesforceInput.yxmc

You should be able to open this both in a basic text editor(as the source code is stored in xml version) or Alteryx software itself and try seeing if any mention about version of API being used.

For Salesforce, there are two set of inputs/outputs and one is a deprecated version.

Newer version uses Bulk API, though I am not sure of the version numbering.

Also it seems you are trying to use relationship as part of query parameter (Salesforce Input Tool) and trying to navigate from Opportunity to Contract or vice versa to achieve a desired filter condition. A temporary solution might be to read both the Salesforce tables separately and then do a join and try achieving the desired (/filtering) results

Hope this should give you some pointers and be able to get you started :-)

Thanks,

Rohit Bajaj

Sr. Community Content Manager

The current (v10.6) Salesforce Input tool hits v20 of the Salesforce API. In the next (v11.0) version of Alteryx the tool will be updated to hit v36 of the Salesforce API. If you'd like to test the updated version, you can do so by following the directions at the bottom of this page, specifically this section:

-Locate the SFDC plugin within your 10.6 installation (for admin this will be likely be C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\SalesForceInput, for non-admin C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\SalesForceInput) and make a backup of this folder to be able to revert if necessary

-Overwrite the contents of above folder with new files here

Hey Neil -

I am using the updated Salesforce connector (I'm using it because of the issue with token requirements and IP restrictions). With this version I am still having issues with relationship queries. In workbench, even using API version 36, I get results. In Alteryx I do not get errors but the system seems unable to parse the JSON. 

Any suggestions? I've attached a text file with the single line of results in my Browse - asterisks replace potentially confidential info.

Your attachment gets cut off after 230 characters. Could you try adding a record limit of 1 and re-sending, along with the SOQL query you are attempting.

Sorry for the delayed reply, the new response is attached (pipe-delimited .txt). I've also attached a side-by-side of workbench results, using API 36.

AlteryxSFDC_JSON1.PNG

I am using a fairly simple query to validate my syntax:

SELECT of_Cardio__c, Of_Therapies__c, id,
(
SELECT CreatedDate,Therapy_Type__c
FROM
Therapies__r
)
FROM PIF__c
WHERE DAY_ONLY(CreatedDate) >= 2016-11-05

We don't parse SOQL with nested SELECT statements -  the results are essentially a table within a cell (as you can see in the workbench results) and we don't presume to know how the user would like that type of structure to be parsed. You can parse this yourself with the JSON Parse tool. We do, however, attempt to parse dot notation queries - if possible I'd encourage you to try to restructure your query in that form.

Highlighted
Meteor

Due to the nature of SOQL and related objects, almost certainly a nested select like above can be thought of as a left join of the inner select object with the outer select object. That is, each record in the inner select statement will have the attributes of the outer select statement repeated. This sort of functionality would be greatly helpful, especially where database normalization is baked in such as OpportunityLineItems. If I want to filter on an attribute of the product, then a nested select is a great way to go.

@vancelopez I'd encourage you to post your idea to the Alteryx Product Ideas forum.

@AlexP

Labels