Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Connector - Existing Field Not Found

dcoelho-nhld
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to use the Salesforce output connector to insert new Customer records and keep receiving this error message.

error1.PNG

However, this field DOES exist, as shown below:

error2.png

It also doesn't appear on the Input connector, which is another issue as I need this field to join my data.

error3.PNG

I need this field for what I'm attempting to do. Any suggestions on how to get the connectors to recognize the existing field? I've tried deleting the connectors and re-adding them and also restarting Alteryx Designer, with no luck. 

4 REPLIES 4
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

@dcoelho-nhld Does the Salesforce security profile of the user credentials you are using have read/write access to the field in question?

dcoelho-nhld
7 - Meteor

The user I'm using is a System Administrator. I'm not sure how to check field specific permissions though. I don't see anything saying that this field isn't able to be read/written to. 

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

@dcoelho-nhld Try going to Salesforce Setup --> Users --> Profiles --> System Administrator --> Object Settings --> Customer

From there you should see a full list of 'Field Permissions'. Hopefully as System Administrator you have access to all of the fields, but since you still have to manually add permissions to the System Admin profile it's possible something was missed. You'll want to verify that you have read and edit access on the ActID__c field.

dcoelho-nhld
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the instructions, I was able to find that page and I do have both read and edit access to that field. However, I changed the permission for "Standard User" instead of "System Administrator" and now the field is working correctly for both the input and output connectors. Thank you very much for your help!

Labels