community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More

SalesForce Output Connector GUI Issue

Highlighted
Meteor

Hello, I need urgent help as after I try connect to salesforce output tool, there is no option to select the tables. I just get this empty red box.

Screenshot_11.png

Alteryx
Alteryx

@bwoofa 

Do you by any chance use a 2-step authentication when connecting to SalesForce outside of Alteryx?

Meteor

I don't belive so because the input tool works without issue. Does it connect in a different way?

Alteryx
Alteryx

@bwoofa 

What do you mean by Input Tool in this context please? 

Meteor
The SalesForce Input Connector. I am able to connect successfully and select a table and extract data. SalesForce Output Connector doesn’t allow me to as per picture above.
Alteryx
Alteryx

I see, thanks for clarifying.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the Salesforce input you're using? I'm trying to gauge whether it is the older version of the connector which uses a different method to authenticate.

Meteor

This is the input connector I am using. Once I enter in my details, it allows me to select the tabels

Screenshot_15.png

Alteryx
Alteryx

Could it be that your user only has read access to SalesForce and would be unable to change the underlying data?

Meteor

I don't think so how can I check. I am pretty sure I am setup as admin. I can write data through dataloader with no problem and my profile is API enabled

Alteryx
Alteryx

If this is the case it might be worth raising the issue via support@alteryx.com

Labels