Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sales Force Input Tool - You Found a Bug

sheridannorris
5 - Atom

I am using Designer v 2021.3 and SFDC Input tool version 4.2.4. These two should be compatible. As soon as I drag the input tool onto the canvas, it throws exception "You have found a bug...". I have seen solutions in the community about this error downstream in the workflow, but not on the input tool itself.

Oddly, when I connect and use query builder and hit 'validate', I get a success message. As soon as I bring in a select, browse, etc, to actually see the data, it fails. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

sheridannorris_0-1645198409731.png

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sheridannorris 

The SFDC Input tool is written in Python as far as I know. So my wild guess is that there is a difference between the Python environment within your Alteryx Designer and the environment the tool was written in. 

Have you tried installing a different version of the SFDC tool?

sheridannorris
5 - Atom

A lot of comments led me to believe the same. I found out, however, that the download file was corrupted so I had to delete all of the places on my PC where it was installed and download again. All is good now! 

Labels