Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SUMIF/Running total

CJHM
7 - Meteor

Hi, I want to rank some data and then divide each "country" in the attached example into segments. Each segment represents 10% of the total sum of column B, Data. So in the end each "segment" will have roughly the same sum of data but different amounts of countries as I have shown in the "check" to the right.

In alteryx I manage to make column C, the rank... but I cannot get column D, the running total which sums column B if the value in column C is less than or equal to that cell in column C. Then the next step is column E which says that if the value in column D is less than total sum of column B/10*1, put it in segment 1, if it is less than the total sum of column B/10*2 put it segment 2 etc. 

Can anyone help please? 

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CJHM,

I have created a solution for column D.

Emil_Kos_0-1603458187986.png

Unfortunately, I don't have an easy solution to column E and I don't want to overcomplicate things. 

Maybe someone else on the community can help with that? 

CJHM
7 - Meteor

Thank you @Emil_Kos! That works well for step 1!

Hopefully someone can help with step 2 🙂

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CJHM,

It took me a while but I got it for you.

Emil_Kos_0-1603458960289.png

Please mark it as a solution if this is something helpful!

Good luck!

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @CJHM 

Here's my approach of doing what you're after:

I've used the Tile tool to group the countries into percentiles, the Segments its created are a little different to the ones in your excel sheet, so I've included a comparison in the container at the bottom, so you can see if you're happy with them.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

OllieClarke_0-1603460277168.png

CJHM
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much to both of you! 

Labels