Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SSAS Cube Connection and MS Power Query

BI_Pleb
7 - Meteor

Morning,

I have a need to get data out of an SSAS cube into Alteryx, to blend without data source. There does not seem to be way of doing this directly, so have created an MS Power Query in Excel (effectively a refreshable table) which I refresh prior to running my alteryx model.

Two questions:

• Does anyone know of a direct way to connect to an SSAS cube into Alteryx?
  • Does anyone know how to trigger the refresh of MS Power Query in Excel as part of the Alteryx work flow?

Cheers

Dave

36 REPLIES 36
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Dave,

Please replace the MDX macro (attached) wtih the old one

and let me know if this gives a fix 

BI_Pleb
7 - Meteor

Getting an error that MDXResult.csv has too many fields, when i check this file it looks ok but still no text delimiter.

I've been trying to debug and believe change is required to Program.cs add text delimiter as part of output and/or make it a pipe delimiter.

Unfortunately my C coding is basic at best, so would appreciate your support :)

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

we can fix it in Alterx. updated the macro

i think attached should work

BI_Pleb
7 - Meteor

Morning,

This now runs but the output is now removing the rows where value had issue e.g "North, Korea", was this what you are seeing also?

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Hi Dave  , @nilbot

i fixed this issue . this is caused by the data comes with comma which i did not think :)

Download the updated SSAS.exe and replace with the OLD one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgfk4ffmhdoy0i8/SSAS.zip?dl=0 

BI_Pleb
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot for keeping going with this, the output now looks good. :)

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Excellent!!!

Happy Data Blending!!! :)

nathan_fredette
6 - Meteoroid

So I get the "255 Stopped Working error" as well after upgrading to Analysis Services 11 per post.  When I open the macro shows File not found error for MDXResult.csv.  I went the temp folder and I dont see the .bat or .csv file from macro. 

Thanks for any and all help!

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

did you configure all the steps i mentioned in the 4th Reply ?

nathan_fredette
6 - Meteoroid

I selected the "Run Command", but I dont have the options that you show in the picture. 

Capture.JPG

Labels