community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

SQLITE Input - slow to read in

Pulsar
Pulsar

Anyone else experience a slow read in speed with SQLITE tables?  I remember this used to happen with Excel a lot before the driver modifications.  Wondering if it's just me.  The table isn't too terribly large.

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Are you reading from a local drive?  Are you using a Mac?  - These would be my first troubleshooting questions.  I've not recently written/read from SQLite tables, but wondered about the 2 questions when I read your post.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Pulsar
Pulsar

No, a network drive that only our 8 people have access to.  No Mac.  Same drive I use for most of my inputs (department drive).  Same results though even from a local drive.

Fireball

I am also experiencing this. 

Not sure what driver Alteryx is using to access SQLite3 DBs but it is very slow.  I also have issue with the fact that an SQLite input does not have the option to Cache results like other databases.  This along with the slow driver makes using SQLite in Alteryx very painful. 

It's sad because, using the official command line utility, SQLite runs circles around Alteryx speed-wise if indexes are properly set up and the DB is in-memory.

Labels