Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SQL server connection confusion

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

When I use Output Data connection tool and with Alteryx Server I connect to a server in the write to file or database box I see aka:<dbserver>||||<tablename>.  I'm missing where the database name is identified.  When I run the script I get an error back on Output Data connection noting:  Error: Output Data (6): Error running TRUNCATE table "EXCEL_WIN10_APP_TEST_STATUS": [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "EXCEL_WIN10_APP_TEST_STATUS" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.  In the database ESS_Reporting_ETL the table does exist and I have access to it.

I'm confused that the tool knows exactly what table in what database to update.  Ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jeffv 

These problems are very unique for each case, so we definitely need a bigger picture of the scenario involved.

Do you have printscreens of how your workflow is set up, errors, connection setup, etc?

Cheers,

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @jeffv 

Alteryx knows the DB and Table, cause you're using a connections alias (The "aka:" part).

You can access to those connections in Advanced Options -> Manage Data Connections.

manage data conns.PNG 

HenrietteH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jeffv 

If you ever need to (for whatever reason), you can also add the database name to the table name, like this: 

2019-06-07_9-59-35.png

Henriette Haigh
Technical Product Manager - Data Connectors
Alteryx, Inc.

Abimelek
5 - Atom

This worked for me. Thank you for posting.

Labels