Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SQL developer

jkope404
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all!

I am new to Alteryx and was wondering if it's possible to embed SQL developer query within an alteryx workflow, i.e. the input data file is automatically updated via the query/export of the data from a source (such as Oracle EBS) using the SQL Developer program.

Is this possible or is something similar possible?

Thank you!

Jon Kopelman

4 REPLIES 4
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jkope404 

When you say a SQL Developer Query do you mean a select statement?

If so you can put this into the Input Data tool after setting up your driver connection to your database. Each time you then run your workflow this will execute the statement refreshing the input into Alteryx and reading the latest results.

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi

remembering that plsql will not run

[]

jkope404
6 - Meteoroid

"If so you can put this into the Input Data tool after setting up your driver connection to your database. Each time you then run your workflow this will execute the statement refreshing the input into Alteryx and reading the latest results." 

Correct, using a select statement. Can you give an example or point me in the direction of a "How To" on setting up a driver connection to the database?

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jkope404 wrote:

"If so you can put this into the Input Data tool after setting up your driver connection to your database. Each time you then run your workflow this will execute the statement refreshing the input into Alteryx and reading the latest results." 

Correct, using a select statement. Can you give an example or point me in the direction of a "How To" on setting up a driver connection to the database?

Sure, there is a guide here within help: https://help.alteryx.com/current/OracleConnections.htm

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Labels