Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SQL Server Database Connections Not Populating Passwords

BradenSmolko
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I'm running into issues using saved Data Connections in my workflows. When attempting to use our standard SQL Server connection in my input and output tools, I receive the following error:  "Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Login failed for user '<username>'." (The actual username is included in the error message.)

When I try to select the connection I notice that the password for the connection is no longer being populated:

BradenSmolko_0-1664405581154.png

When I've created workflows in the past, this password was always filled-in and the connection would succeed. This is a Alteryx Designer (version 2022.1.1.30961) on the Desktop with a Scheduler license. I have attempted to create a new data connection, but the password is still not provided when I try to select it in a workflow. I'm worried that my scheduled workflows will begin to face the same issue with the connection failing. This was not an issue yesterday, but randomly cropped up today, seemingly without any intervention on my end.

Has anyone else encountered an issue like this, or have any suggestions?

I've searched through many community posts today, but was not able to find something that solved my problem.

Thank you!

Braden

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@BradenSmolko , as far as I can tell, the screenshot you shared is a modal popup that appears only when you are CREATING  a data connection in Designer.  

Once the connection is created/saved, you should be able to select it in the "Saved" category in the Input Data configuration and the query table should open. See screenshot below. 

AndrewSu_0-1664595626277.png

Try this and, if it works, please mark this post as the solution so that other's in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks.

BradenSmolko
5 - Atom

Thank you for your response! I had tried using the saved connection this way before making this post, but I was receiving a login error. It seems to be working now though, so I'll mark this as the solution!

Labels