Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SQL Query Help

alex
11 - Bolide

Helping someone who is trying to extract data from a couple tables in a Oracle database.  They have 150,000 work orders that they need pulled out of millions of work orders.  In-DB is not an option at this point as we don't have permission to create a temp table in the database.  We set up a dynamic input but currently set up to only pull one record at a time and it is slow.  I've seen some articles that attack this in different manners, but the size of this query has me seeking a better option.  I'm not a SQL coder, so don't know what my options are.  They have an existing Access process that works, but they want to transition to a workflow.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How about instead of querying one WO at a time, you could do it in batches? Using a RecordID, Formula, and Summarize tool, it's easy to group these arguments into groups (of a size you determine) so 10/100/whatever can be queried at a time.

Check out the attached workflow to see this in action. 

alex
11 - Bolide

Worked in a batch macro I tested.  Thanks.

Labels