Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SQL Editor issue - NFD/NFC

SDeora
7 - Meteor

Hello, Struggling with this once since a couple of days. tried removing the spaces / adding spaces but nothing seems to work - considering the query works fine in Teradata... please help! 

SEL GL_ACCOUNT_CODE, COMPANY_CODE, PROFIT_CENTER_CODE, MRC_CODE, FISCAL_YEAR, FISCAL_YEAR_PERIOD_NUMBER, SRC_SYS_ID, SUM (MRC_MTD_AMOUNT), SUM (MRC_YTD_AMOUNT), SUM (MRC_YTD_AMOUNT), SUM (LOCAL_MTD_AMOUNT), SUM (LOCAL_YTD_AMOUNT)
FROM FPR_V.PRJ_FACT_SALES_COGS_BAL_PLAN
WHERE SRC_SYS_ID = 'ABCD'
AND FISCAL_YEAR = 2020
GROUP BY 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
ORDER BY 1,2,3,4,5,6;

SDeora_0-1582454791397.png

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @SDeora 

There are a few things to check. Most of them are here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/In-Database-Error-The-object-name-is-t...

Might be the spaces....

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
SDeora
7 - Meteor

Thanks but I'm unable to open the link... 😞 it says invalid parameters. 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SDeora ,

@joshuaburkhow 's link should be:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/In-Database-Error-The-object-name-is-t... 

As for the select statement, what type of time savings does Teradata achieve by shortening SELECT to SEL?  I'd change that if for no other reason that it is too terse for me.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
SDeora
7 - Meteor

SEL to Select seems to have worked for me ! Thanks!!! 

Labels