Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

SQL Data Source Error when reading in file....

Highlighted
Asteroid

I"m receiving this error when reading in a data from our SQL server:

Error: Input Data (262): Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Error in row[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]TCP Provider: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Communication link failure[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Session Provider: Physical connection is not usable [xFFFFFFFF]. [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Communication link failure[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Session Provider: Physical connection is not usable [xFFFFFFFF]. [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Communication link failure[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Session Provider: Physical connection is not usable [xFFFFFFFF]. [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Communication link failure

I'm not sure if there is actually an error in one of the file rows (corrupt data file) or if I don't have enough physical memory available or if I have an unstable connection to the SQL server.

Anyone have a guess?

Highlighted

I'm not sure, The Timeout could be related to several parts on the hardware and/or probably to some software as well, 

Please read. https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic399630-149-1.aspx

Highlighted
Asteroid

I was hoping it wasn't a SQL Server issue. I also can't read from the server either.  

Highlighted

I have faced a similar issue.

The error message that i received was this : "DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]TCP Provider: The semaphore timeout period has expired. [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Communication link failure"

I was trying to transfer data from an SQL server data base to an AWS server database.

I have looked up and "Semaphore Timeout period" error usually occurs when one is trying to transfer huge files over a network. But for me the error occurred even when I was trying to transfer small files. I'm not sure if its a SQL issue or an AWS issue or just the network connectivity issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

UPDATE:

In our case it was a corrupted SQL File.....a large one. 

In the end, we ended up abandoning our SQL server and moving the Azure Data Lake (gen 1). It has it's own set of issues, but is really cheap storage.

Michelle

Labels