Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SP Files Inputs does not recognize a .yxdb file as valid

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

I'm using a SP Files Input tool to try to read in a .yxdb file, but I'm getting the following warning which is causing errors further down the line in my workflow.  "Warning: SharePoint Files Input (34): 'Database.yxdb' is not a valid yxdb file."  Can someone help me please?

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @oracleoftemple 

The tool should support yxdb. Can you confirm:

1. What version of alteryx & the tool you are using
  2. Does the yxdb file work in a normal input tool? That would rule out some file corruption issue.
oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

I'm using 2021.4, and it works fine when I use a normal Input tool.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Got it, I just tried and it works for me, but I'm on 2022.1 (using v2.1.0 of the sharepoint tools). Unfortunately I don't work with this tool too much but maybe someone else has run into this before. 

mandycgray
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue.

Designer version: 2022.1

SharePoint connector version: tested with 2.1.0 and 2.2.0

A fellow Alteryx user shared that this seemed to be triggered when a column in the file contained Date data type information.  I ran a test, and confirmed that I received the "not a valid yxdb" error when I included a Date column, but not when the same column was included as a V_String.  I know SP can store dates as UTC and there are conversion considerations, but couldn't connect the dots to whether that was a root cause here.

I ran the same test with/without a Date column on both 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 version of the SP tools and received the same result.  I also tried with/without AMP engine for the version 2.1.0 tools and received the same result.

Curious if this is a known issue, or user error on my part. Tagging @VojtechT for visibility.  Thanks!

brulagazer
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - I'm having a similar issue with the Box Input tool. 

Designer version 2022.1.1.40869

Box Tools version: 2.4.0

I could not get the Box Input tool to recognize my .yxdb file. I did as @mandycgray suggested, and changed my date field to a v_string and it now will read in the file. 

Thanks

Labels