Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SFTP Macro (invisio)

barnese
7 - Meteor

Hi

I am using the invisio SFTP macro to upload a file to my SFTP server instead of outputting a file, but am having some issues when using in the Gallery.  It works perfectly fine from Designer, but when I run on the gallery I get an error "Tool #1: The external program "cmd" returned an error code: 1 (Tool Id: 45)" (I saw some other posts about this error - there are no spaces or special characters in any of the directory locations)

Any ideas how I can fix this? It uploads a partial file (.filepart) and then does not complete the workflow (after uploading the file the workflow is supposed to do a record count on the file and send an email to the user).  

Also - what is recommended for SFTP download? I thought about using the download tool but saw it is not compatible with SHA-2 so will not work in my organization.  I have read so many articles and tried so many different things but I can't seem to get anything to work the way it is supposed to. Its super frustrating that Alteryx offers so many other great connectors but seems to lack severely with actual data transfer servers.

Thanks,

Erin

1 REPLY 1
johnohawk14
5 - Atom

I wanted to follow up on this. My organisation has recently upgraded their sFTP to require Sha-2, making the download tool useless for sFTP connections (something we utilize across a multitude of clients). The Invisio solution appears to only work for upload, and all the other solutions I have found (Teknion, powershell scripts) my organization will not allow to run on Alteryx Gallery for security purposes. Has anyone else found a viable solution? This appears to be a big hole in Alteryx that they need to address shortly (as WinSCP went to Sha-2 in 2013 and Alteryx still is on Sha-1).

Thanks,

Johno

Labels