Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SFTP Download Tool - dynamic user/pass input

Mmisiji60
7 - Meteor

Hello,

i am struggling to find a way to feed username and pass dynamically to the Download Tool. 

I am making a GET or SFTP request, without saving the user/pass values in the Download Tool.

I tried importing them as headers and payload as field/value from text input Password and Username but i get error:

Error: Download (3): Error transferring data: Login denied

Has someone managed and is willing to share ?

Any ideas / suggestions are welcome

2 REPLIES 2
KP_DML
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

You can embed the username and password in the URL like this: sftp://TJones:Pass123@sftp.mysite.com

You could use a formula to build the url. Make sure the username and password are cleared out in the Connection tab of the Download tool. You should also turn off URL Encoding to prevent altering the password if it contains special characters.

Another option is to use the Action tool to update the UserName and Password values of the download tool.

Mmisiji60
7 - Meteor

Thank you 🙂  the embed the username and password in the URL option worked

i wouldn't have guessed that ever, thank you  🤗

i tried the action tool earlier, but for some reason i couldn't update the UserName and  Password parameters

i might have been doing it wrong.

Mmisiji60_0-1607540241419.png

Labels