Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SFDC Connection Error

lmota
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I currently have a few workflows that I use SFDC report exports to run. I am looking at using the Salesforce Input tool. I have gone ahead and downloaded the tool and input my credentials. 

I went ahead and selected the report that I want to pull from SF but get the following error. Does anyone have any insight into what might be going on? 

lmota_0-1602186228168.png

I connected the Browse tool to see what data is pulled as a test. 

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @lmota  there can be various reasons, if the data quantity is large or if you are attempting to parse json using a filter such as where query, these are the two issues that I have also been facing using sfdc connector.

Workaround-

1) try to restrict number of columns- breakdown data into batches suppose you have accounts table and you are trying to fetch all the data in each column so I suggest you to divide the columns and then try to download it.

2) try attempting to parse json if you are using custom query without where clause.

3) Easy way to check if the tool is working properly is to limit the data- can try using limit 100 or 1000.

If still you are facing this issue then I suggest you to download data using DataLoader from there you can export all the data for a particular table at once without any error or you can contact support@alteryx.com for resolution.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
lmota
5 - Atom

Found a solution to this, it was an error with the tool's source file. 

Reached out to support and walked through the missing data point. 

calebdugger
7 - Meteor

I have been having the same error! any help would be greatly appreciated! what needs to change in the source file of the tool?

Labels