Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

S3 - xlsx file as input

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a connection established on my Alteryx to S3 bucket. Source file in S3 is xlsx format and all I can see in file options are cs, json, avro and yxdb formats. How can I select and read xlsx format file here? Changing the format manually is not an option. FYI, I am new to this designer and any insight is highly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ravitejapaideti,

Amazon S3 connector does not support xlsx.

One option is to use a reader like Mountain Duck in order to make the bucket appear as drive (X: for example).

Hope this helps!

Regards

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Hi, Thanks for the response.

Can you please elaborate the proposed option - Mountain Duck?

FYI, I use cyberduck for uploading files to S3 and I want to know if I can use the same in tweaking the file format or implement this drive mount

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ravitejapaideti,

Mountain Duck lets you mount server and cloud storage as a disk in Finder on macOS and the File Explorer on Windows. Open remote files with any application and work like on a local volume.

You can download it from here : https://mountainduck.io/ 

We faced the same issue and with mointain duck we can read files with the input tool on Alteryx.

Regards,

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Got it. I just checked and having mountain duck installed on our server is not an option. I have to look for other options 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

you have to configure mountain duck with the credential of you're bucket.

If this solve the problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others.

Regards,

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Hi, having mountain duck or any third party software installed is not an option according our policies. I need to dig deeper for work around 

Labels