Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

S3 - xlsx file as input

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a connection established on my Alteryx to S3 bucket. Source file in S3 is xlsx format and all I can see in file options are cs, json, avro and yxdb formats. How can I select and read xlsx format file here? Changing the format manually is not an option. FYI, I am new to this designer and any insight is highly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ravitejapaideti,

Amazon S3 connector does not support xlsx.

One option is to use a reader like Mountain Duck in order to make the bucket appear as drive (X: for example).

Hope this helps!

Regards

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Hi, Thanks for the response.

Can you please elaborate the proposed option - Mountain Duck?

FYI, I use cyberduck for uploading files to S3 and I want to know if I can use the same in tweaking the file format or implement this drive mount

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ravitejapaideti,

Mountain Duck lets you mount server and cloud storage as a disk in Finder on macOS and the File Explorer on Windows. Open remote files with any application and work like on a local volume.

You can download it from here : https://mountainduck.io/ 

We faced the same issue and with mointain duck we can read files with the input tool on Alteryx.

Regards,

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Got it. I just checked and having mountain duck installed on our server is not an option. I have to look for other options 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

you have to configure mountain duck with the credential of you're bucket.

If this solve the problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others.

Regards,

ravitejapaideti
7 - Meteor

Hi, having mountain duck or any third party software installed is not an option according our policies. I need to dig deeper for work around 

Labels