Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

S3 Download Tool pulling invalid characters

zakers33
5 - Atom

I am trying to pull in a json.gz file through the S3 download tool and am able to get data to pull through, but the characters are all invalid. However, if I download the file to my PC and then insert into Alteryx using the Input Data tool it will format the json.gz file as a csv and pull information correctly.

How can I pull in the json.gz file as a csv through the s3 download tool so that the data will display correctly? I've included screengrabs of the output of each method.

1 REPLY 1
CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

The Amazon S3 Download Tool only supports the following file formats:  .yxdb, .avro, .csv, and .json.

Even thought you mentioned you have a json, it is actually a compressed version of it but with extension .gz.

You will not be able to automatically open your .gz file using the Amazon S3 Download tool.

Labels