Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running workflows after one another - dummy user interface tool like error message

harvjul
8 - Asteroid

The app I have developed has multiple Alteryx workflows calling an VBS script event at the end of the flow that executes a .vbs file that queries SAP for data. 

1. Alteryx Analytic App User Interface Front End that calls -> OTOF Get Deliveries SAP Query .vbs file
  2. FormatDeliveriesFile in Alteryx that calls -> Get Orders SAP Query .vbs file
  3. FormatOrdersList in Alteryx that calls-> GetEmail SAP Query .vbs file
  4. FormatEmailsList in Alteryx that calls-> NeedEmails SAP Query .vbs file
  5. FormatOtherEmails in Alteryx and Send all emails in Alteryx

The first workflow is a user interface analytic app.  In order to connect all of these workflows together, I was planning to convert #2-5 to analytic apps so I could use the "On Success - Run Another Analytic App" option.  However, I need an interface element in those workflows to turn them into analytic apps. 

Is there a way to add a dummy pop up message or something with no function?  Is there a better way to connect these flows together?

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @harvjul ,

You don't need anything, you can just go to the workflow configuration and click on Analytic app and done!

Untitled2.png

Another way would be to download the Crew Macros and set it up with the Runner and the conditional runner

Cheers

harvjul
8 - Asteroid

Brilliant!  As always, making things harder for myself.  I didn't know that radio button was there!

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @harvjul 

For a bit more flexibility you can use the Runner and Conditional Runner tools in the CReW macro pack:

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/2014/09/blog-macro-pack-2014-q3-release.html

Labels