Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running workflow multiple times and record results on each execution

josepaez
5 - Atom

My workflow essentially pulls data from a file and processes it through a python script. Each time I run the script I select random records (1000 records at a time) from the data source, look at the result from the script and adjust the code. Is there a way I can automate this process so that it would run hundreds of times with a random selection of records (from a pool of over 10 million records) and record the output (a single numeric value) of each run?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@josepaez You can probably create a macro where that workflow keeps on running using the Iteration Number to differentiate the file names. 

1st run: [Iteration.Number]+1 in the formula tool = File 1.yxdb

2nd run: [Iteration.Number]+1 in the formula tool = File 2.yxdb

Here's an example of an iteration macro.

Digan
Alteryx
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You could wrap this up in an iterative macro where the output continues to stack each loop and it iterates the number of times that you specify. Here is a guided training on putting together an iterative macro: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Iterative-Macro/m-p/55565

You would want your iteration output to increment by 1 every time and have a filter at the end where the iteration count is less than or equal to the number of iterations you want to run through. 

Labels