Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running total for limited volume and priority

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Community Team,

I have a priorization of deliveries which I need now to split in buckets. Our outbound can only handle 4'000 units so I would need to allocate as much as I can per day on the priority. Is there an option to allocate first all the "Priority 1" deliveries up to 4000 units and after the "Priority 2"? 

Is there also a way if "Priority 1" reaches like 3500 units but the next "Priority 1" will  give me over 4000 units so I check if there is an "Priority 2" which maybe fits in to reach 4000 units?

Hope you understand my questions 🙂 

In attached is an example of a data set.

Thank you very much,

Pascal

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R ,

this requires a bit of multi-row magic.

I've attached the workflow, but it basically looks at the priorities as groups, then assigns the number to each one in order until the 4000 limit is reached. It then calculates how much was allocated to each row.

mceleavey_0-1620304075688.png

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey 

Thank you very much for your fast response! 

The result is already promising 🙂 What is if we cant partial the delivery like in yellow highlighted?

They grey qtys gives a total of 3162 meaning we could allocate another 838 units. Is it possile to tell Alteryx searching for others first priorities, in the case also those are to big than its checking the first priorities?

Pascal_R_0-1620304665072.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R ,

Yes, of course, but now you're looking at an iterative macro to determine the optimal distribution so as to maximise the allocation delivery "space".

You could apply something in the multi-row which says if the row results in a partial delivery, skip to the next one. That would also work. 

This could get quite complicated. I'm happy to jump on a call sometime to work through it with you. DM me if you'd like to do that.

M.

Bulien

Labels