Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running an App on Intranet site

cking6178
8 - Asteroid

I've been charged with creating reporting functionality on one of our intranet sites. I completed the POC for the reports, now I need to get them into production. What I'd like to do is create an app that can be embedded onto the site. The users will then click on the app, fill out the required information, which will then kickoff the Alteryx routine to build and export the report. My initial research seems to suggest that I'll need a server license (which may or may not be feasible), but wanted to see if anybody else out there has been successful in a similar project.

4 REPLIES 4
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

@cking6178 This is certainly possible with a server license! 

Alteryx Server will give you access to a REST API which you can embed in your web interface.

cking6178
8 - Asteroid

@PeterA1 

Thanks for the response! Good to know it's definitely possible w/a server license. I guess my question is: is it possible w/out a server license?

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

unfortunately, not any more now that the Automation license is extinct. Server's the only way to achieve that now.

cking6178
8 - Asteroid

OK - thanks. I'll look into it.

Labels