Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running a chain of Run Command tools...input and output agro

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Hi all

I am trying to run a series of other 5 programms in a linear fashion using Alteryx Run Command tools.

So Run Command 1 'runs', and is connected to the next 1 so following its completion, run command 2 runs and so on.

I keep getting all manner of errors relating to input and output source files and incoming and outgoing connections, and can't work out what to put where.

I get how it works for bat files etc, but it all seems strangely un-intuitive and irrelevant in this case because save for the programme, the arguments and the connected order, none of it is neccessary to what I'm trying to do, which is to run a collection of external programmes in sequence.

Can anyone help steer me through the fog.

Many thanks in advance

Dubya

ps...without wanting to sound like an arrogant know it all who's impatient to cut to the chase, I should probably front up that I've already exhausted my options with windows schedulers, alteryx schedulers, chained apps, runner macros and the like.

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Have you though about using block until done tools to run you Run Batch commands in sequence

DavidP_0-1582756656762.png

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Its not the answer I thought I wanted, but it's def an answer that works, and that good enough for me. 

I was busy trying to connect the command tools, but looking at your approach, I can see that's probably a red herring!

Thanks @DavidP 

Labels