Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Running a Workflow using the Run Command Tool

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi,

I am trying to build a process wherein one workflow initiates another workflow through the run command tool.

I have configured the tool to call AlteryxEngineCmd.exe with the workflow path as the command argument. But while running the workflow I get the below error.

Error: Run Command (1): The external program "AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 2

Has anyone else encountered this error and have a possible solution, kindly help.

Thanks,

Jagdeesh

11 REPLIES 11
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @HomesickSurfer ,

Thanks for your response. 

I think the article mainly speaks about running it on the server. I am trying to do this on Designer and still getting the same error.

Best,

Jagdeesh

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JagdeeshN 

Sorry, I don't know how.  Are you calling C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe?

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@HomesickSurfer 

Yup. That's the program i am trying to run.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JagdeeshN 

Your post and error show otherwise.  Try the alternate .exe.

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @HomesickSurfer ,

I am not sure what you mean by the error being different.

Thanks for your time!

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JagdeeshN 

Your error states:  Error: Run Command (1): The external program "AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 2

That's not AlteryxService.exe.  Should it be?

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@HomesickSurfer ,

I get it now. I tried with the AlteryxService exe too but got this error.

Error: Run Command (1): The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe" returned an error code: 14

Labels