Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running Java Executable from Designer Run Command Tool

pushpraj
7 - Meteor

I am trying to run a Java executable Jar file from Alteryx workflow using run command tool. I have placed my Jar file where workflow is saved. I am getting "Failed to run external program. The system cannot find the file specified"

Is it even possible to run a Java executable from Alteryx workflow ?

Any help is much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Provided you can run it from a DOS command line, you should be able to run it from a Run batch command tool, so try getting it to work in a DOS command window first. You probably have to type in the full paths for both the java command and the jar file.

You could also try to write a batch file in dos and then run the batch file from the Command batch tool

pushpraj
7 - Meteor

I created a batch file with command to run the Jar and passed the file in Run External Program Command and it's working.

Thanks.

ravi_cherai
6 - Meteoroid

Can you share the sample Alteryx file to us.

WF143
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have a problem. When loading external Java command line files, I was reminded that Java is not running commands internally, but I tried to run jar files under the CMD window. I don't know if you have encountered it. I suspect it's a problem with the Java environment, but I don't know how to solve it. Can't porting it to alteryx be a problem with the Java environment?

@pushpraj wrote:

I am trying to run a Java executable Jar file from Alteryx workflow using run command tool. I have placed my Jar file where workflow is saved. I am getting "Failed to run external program. The system cannot find the file specified"

Is it even possible to run a Java executable from Alteryx workflow ?

Any help is much appreciated.

arvindh
5 - Atom

Hi , Can you please share the Alteryx workflow to see running a java program

Labels