Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running Java Executable from Designer Run Command Tool

pushpraj
7 - Meteor

I am trying to run a Java executable Jar file from Alteryx workflow using run command tool. I have placed my Jar file where workflow is saved. I am getting "Failed to run external program. The system cannot find the file specified"

Is it even possible to run a Java executable from Alteryx workflow ?

Any help is much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Provided you can run it from a DOS command line, you should be able to run it from a Run batch command tool, so try getting it to work in a DOS command window first. You probably have to type in the full paths for both the java command and the jar file.

You could also try to write a batch file in dos and then run the batch file from the Command batch tool

pushpraj
7 - Meteor

I created a batch file with command to run the Jar and passed the file in Run External Program Command and it's working.

Thanks.

ravi_cherai
6 - Meteoroid

Can you share the sample Alteryx file to us.

WF143
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have a problem. When loading external Java command line files, I was reminded that Java is not running commands internally, but I tried to run jar files under the CMD window. I don't know if you have encountered it. I suspect it's a problem with the Java environment, but I don't know how to solve it. Can't porting it to alteryx be a problem with the Java environment?

@pushpraj wrote:

I am trying to run a Java executable Jar file from Alteryx workflow using run command tool. I have placed my Jar file where workflow is saved. I am getting "Failed to run external program. The system cannot find the file specified"

Is it even possible to run a Java executable from Alteryx workflow ?

Any help is much appreciated.

arvindh
5 - Atom

Hi , Can you please share the Alteryx workflow to see running a java program

Labels