Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running Command Batch File from temp folder

NoahNathan
7 - Meteor

Struggling to run external .bat file from the %temp% folder. Any idea how to do this?

alteryx1.JPG

I get this error:

alteryx2.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @NoahNathan. On first glance, your output is .csv but you're trying to call a .bat. I'm assuming your output should be .bat (although you would indeed select the csv option in alteryx with no delimiter) and see if that helps.

NoahNathan
7 - Meteor

It is part of a larger macro. I essentially use it to write a command as a .bat file (called .csv here but is atually renamed to .bat), then I wait until its completed to run the .bat file in the "run command".

This issue is not the .csv file. The issue is that the external program "%temp%.BigQueryBatchFile.bat" cannot be found.

alteryx3.JPG

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah I see. So can you show me where %temp%BigQuerybatchFile.bat is being created? 

NoahNathan
7 - Meteor

In the default folder: C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine as that is what the %temp%\ does

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

%Engine.TempFilePath% should be equivalent to %temp%. Let me know if that doesn't solve it!

Labels