Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running Alteryx via Command Line vs Designer Yields Different Results

taran42
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that I am running through the Windows Command Line interface. However it doesn't seem to be running the flow properly. I have a formula that isn't executed when the workflow runs. However if I open up Designer and run the workflow, the formula is executed properly. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? There may be other portions of the workflow that aren't running properly, but this particular one is the most obvious.

The file resides on Dropbox. My code for the Command Line and the formula are below.

Command Line

CALL "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" "C:\Users\Name\Dropbox\csv_output.yxmd"

Alteryx

IF [Industry] = "ACCOUNTING" THEN "Accounting"
ELSEIF [Industry] = "ALTERNATIVE_MEDICINE" THEN "Alternative Medicine"
ELSE [Industry]
ENDIF

3 REPLIES 3
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @taran42,

The first thing that comes to mind is that one or more input files are not being brought into your workflow.  How are the data inputs referenced and does Drop Box have permission to access those locations?  This may not be the issue, but if you haven't already tested this, you could test this by creating a simple workflow with just a Data Input tool attached to a Browse tool and see if you can see the results.  When you open the workflow in Designer on your desktop it will get your permissions to files, but this is not necessarily the case with workflows launched from a cloud file location.  In addition, the file path may not match your desktop.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I recommend the check what the [Industry] field have before the formula tool.

Would you add the Output tool that save the field by yxdb or csv before the formula tool and check it at directly execute the workflow or command line.

taran42
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for the replies.

As it turns out, the problem wasn't with Alteryx at all. I was using an old file that was improperly named in Designer, but the command line was using the correct file.

Labels