Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run workflow through command prompt - No Output

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I currently ran the following Analytic App through the command prompt, but nothing is outputting despite what I think to be the correct xml string input into the command prompt.

Here is my simple workflow:

ripcityscorp15_0-1590045914658.png

Here is my command prompt entry:

ripcityscorp15_1-1590045963014.png

When I enter this in, nothing outputs. When I try the App on my desktop, it works just fine and the excel file outputs to the correct folder.

Would the issues be that My AlteryxCmdEngine.exe file is not under Program Files\Alteryx\bin folder? I wouldn't think so. My .exe file is located under my AppData\LOcal\Alteryx\bin folder.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

If the Command prompt image is unclear here is what is entered into it: 

""<WizardValues ShowDebugMessages='False'><Module>C:\Users\AAAA123\Desktop\Ax9FilesToXMLUpload\Test\Test\Test.yxwz</Module><Value name='File Browse (3)'>C:\Users\AAA123\Desktop\OCR\Test3\1234-5678A.csv</Value><Value name='Folder Browse (7)'>C:\Users\AAA123\Desktop\OCR\OutputTest1</Value></WizardValues>"

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

This issue stemmed from not having Alteryx API License. if this happens to you, reach out to Alteryx Sales rep to have further discussion.

Labels