Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run workflow from Server and Download the results from the Gallery

Reddy4
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have developed workflows in the past which write to multiple Excel sheets. For each sheet, I use a formula tool to create [FilePath] and then in the output tool, I select 'change the entire file path' and  use the [FilePath] field to write the data. FilePath always was a shared drive location so I give entire path along with File name ||| sheetname.

This time the requirements changed and I have a workflow which writes data to Excel. I have multiple Output tools which write to same excel file and to different sheets (using Block until done). Business wants to run this workflow from the Gallery and after it is run, they should be able to download the Excel File.

Can you please guide me step by step process to achieve it?

Thank You for your time

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Reddy4 I would suggest you use relative paths (ie File.xlsx) without any folder specified. When that workflow is saved to the server, it will write the data and let the user download the file. You can either put file.xlsx into the output tool's configuration, or you can still use the change entire file path and just feed in a relative path (like "file.xlsx|||sheet1")

Reddy4
7 - Meteor

@patrick_digan Thank you for your help. It fixed the issue

Labels