Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run/stop button missing

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I moved my licenses to a new machine and i downloaded version 2021.3  ,

I have not been able to see the run and stop button on the right i have to go to options before i can run a workflow which was not the case , can someone help to know how i can bring that up 

thanks for responding.

razzy_1-1630341055680.png

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @razzy 

How long have you been facing this issue?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @razzy 

You can try uninstalling and installing Alteryx. If that doesn't work reach out to support@alteryx.com.

Hope this helps : )

razzy
8 - Asteroid

I just experienced it when i finished setting up the platform , i had to go over everything again but i still cant find it.

ebaumgar
5 - Atom

SOLVED:  Go to "Options", then select "User Settings", then select "Restore Defaults".  Run Button should reappear.

DawnR
8 - Asteroid

That sucks! Resets everything, including all the canvas formatting that I prefer. This is not a good solution.

LLERAS
6 - Meteoroid

This solve the immediate issue but is not a permanent solution; you loose all your configurations and is it keeps despairing .  In a day it has disappear already 3 times.

Any other ideas?  Thanks.

razzy
8 - Asteroid

i think you can right click on the any workflow tab and select "new horizontal tab group" then save the configuration.

JonBCOKE
6 - Meteoroid

I just ran into this, and the only difference I noticed from previous times opening Alteryx was that this time Interface Designer opened automatically with Alteryx. I closed Interface Designer before closing Alteryx and when I reopened Alteryx, I got the Run button and (Interface Designer did not open). Seems like a bug but reasonable workaround for now.

For reference on Version: 2021.3.6.01129 due to Server

AdamSt
7 - Meteor

Thank you @JonBCOKE.  Your solution worked for me and is much better than the restore defaults option.  Thank you for sharing!

One thing to note here is that when I restarted Alteryx my run button was back but when I opened up my analytic app again and then clicked on View --> Interface Designer the interface designer was not working.  I then closed the analytic app and re-opened it and then the interface designer was then working.

Labels