Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run one process after another

Reddy4
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have around 12 individual SELECT queries. When Parameters are given, each of this query will pull data from Oracle and then INSERT into a different table.

First query will pull data from Table 1, filters data, inserts into Table 2

Second query will pull data from Table 2, joins with other tables and filters data, then inserts into Table 3

Third query will pull data from Table 3, joins with other tables and filters data, then inserts into Table 4

etc

So, each query should be run one after another. I use Dynamic Input Tool to connect to Oracle Table 1, copy paste the first query, then use output tool to Insert data into Table 2.

For the second process, I use second Dynamic Input Tool to connect to Oracle Table 2, copy paste the second query, then use second output tool to Insert data into Table 3. etc

As these process needs to run one after one, I am using Block Until Done connected to multiple block until done which connects to Dynamic input tool. Is there  better method to achieve the requirement?

koushikreddy4_1-1624465452578.png

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
PedrodeOl
9 - Comet

@Reddy4 ,

Instead dynamic input you could try:

formula tool (to write your queries and path to credentials) + dynamic input in-db + write data in-db.

This approach should work better.

Reddy4
7 - Meteor

@PedrodeOl ,

For governance purpose we use 'database connection share' feature to add the database connections on the server level.

All accessible databases connections can be found in Alteryx Designer > Options> Advanced options > Manage Data Connections.

As we use Database Connection share feature, we cannot use in-db tools.

Can you give me a sample workflow using dynamic input tools?

PedrodeOl
9 - Comet

@Reddy4 ,

A batch macro should be a good approach. Look the dummy example I've attached, there is a text input tool with the table combinations in/out you want to do + an update on the input data/output data query/insert parameters.

Labels