Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run multiple extractions concurrently

akadwa
7 - Meteor

I have a simple workflow that extracts data from 2 independent SAP sources (using the Xtract Universal Connector) and outputs the data to 2 separate files:

akadwa_0-1668416640600.png

The problem I'm having is that the second extraction will only run after the first has been completed even though each extraction is completely independent of the other. How do make both extractions run concurrently in the same workflow?  I know that a workaround is to split the 2 extractions into independent workflows and then call both workflows from a masterworkflow but this just created unnecessary layers to a workflow which would be rather straightforward.

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @akadwa interesting question, from my understanding Alteryx should run them both in Parallel. What makes you think they are not? are there any time savings from running them in separate workflows? Parallel simultaneous running of workflows - Page 2 - Alteryx Community

akadwa
7 - Meteor

Hi IraWatt

1) I can also see they are not running concurrently by looking at the timestamps in log files for each of the extractions. It shows that the second extraction executed exactly when the first extraction completed.

2) Yes, if I run each extraction in its own workflow they run faster and i can see they run at the same time by looking at the log files

Labels