Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run multiple duplicate conditions

msantoso
8 - Asteroid

Dear All,

I am preparing a file containing Accounts names and addresses in order to migrate them into a CRM system. 

I need to verify a list of conditions to remove duplicate records. 

A record is considered as duplicate if it obeys one of these rules:

Account name AND billing street name 

OR

Account name AND City AND State

OR

Account Name AND Zip code

OR 

Account Name AND Phone

OR

Website AND Phone

OR

Website AND billing street name

I created 6 new columns in which I concatenated the  two columns of each condition.  

then I run the Unique tool. 

At the Unique output, I added another Unique tool and specified the 2nd condition, 

and so forth.

When I run the upload process into the CRM system, I got an error message saying that I still have duplicates in my file. 

I do not know whether I did it the right way, and I cannot explain why I still have duplicates. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Myraim 

11 REPLIES 11
msantoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi Ponraj

thank you so much for your workflow and explanations. 

I still have around 1260 duplicates after running the migration routine of the CRM system. That is really a big number!

I'm investigating in order to understand where these duplicates are coming from. 

the first thing I found is related to the [WebsiteANDStreet]condition: when the website is empty, then Alteryx finds duplicates. But when I checked, some of them have different city names. So htere are not duplicates.

Do you know if the Alteryx Unique tool is case sensitive ? 

However, these two little things I found do not fix the 1260 errors, unfortunately!

I'm still investigating...

I'll tell you as soon as I find something 

thanks Ponraj

myraim

msantoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi Ponraj

thank you so much for your help. The workflow works fine! 

May I ask you a new question ? I'd like to run the same workflow with other conditions such as Name AND Email

but many records have no emails. I'd like to filter the records that have both a name and an email and run the workflow. 

My question is : how do I retreive the records that do not have an email in the last output file? 

thank you

Myriam

Labels