Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run containers dynamically

AntDavis42
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

Is it possible to run a container depending if the tools in a prior container failed and threw and error? 

Essentially I have 1 container with Logic that has the potential to fail. Depending if it does or does not I'd like to be able to run one of the other containers.

I understand I'd need to use the interface tools but i have no familiarity with them, in addition I am not sure if you can even pull the information if the tool fails to use in the logic to run the next containers.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Under what condition would the fail be caused?  Something at the source of data or due to the output of a tool?

AntDavis42
7 - Meteor

@patrick_mcauliffe  It would be at output

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@AntDavis42  If you can quantify the output under which you'd want to switch containers, then I'd enclose the divergence point into a batch macro.  Have an control parameter operate a detour tool which decides which path to take.

See the attached example and let me know if I'm following correctly.

AntDavis42
7 - Meteor

@patrick_mcauliffe  Thanks Patrick! Tested it out on my case, didn't know of the divergence tool, and it's worked out well.

Vitec0
7 - Meteor

Good afternoon Patrick, how are you?

I believe that your flow meets my need, but I can't download it because it asks for authorization, could you put a print of the flow so I can understand what you did?

Thank you in advance for your attention

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Vitec0  you may want to get in touch with the Community team to get your access sorted out.

Labels