Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run containers dynamically

AntDavis42
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

Is it possible to run a container depending if the tools in a prior container failed and threw and error? 

Essentially I have 1 container with Logic that has the potential to fail. Depending if it does or does not I'd like to be able to run one of the other containers.

I understand I'd need to use the interface tools but i have no familiarity with them, in addition I am not sure if you can even pull the information if the tool fails to use in the logic to run the next containers.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Under what condition would the fail be caused?  Something at the source of data or due to the output of a tool?

AntDavis42
7 - Meteor

@patrick_mcauliffe  It would be at output

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@AntDavis42  If you can quantify the output under which you'd want to switch containers, then I'd enclose the divergence point into a batch macro.  Have an control parameter operate a detour tool which decides which path to take.

See the attached example and let me know if I'm following correctly.

AntDavis42
7 - Meteor

@patrick_mcauliffe  Thanks Patrick! Tested it out on my case, didn't know of the divergence tool, and it's worked out well.

Vitec0
7 - Meteor

Good afternoon Patrick, how are you?

I believe that your flow meets my need, but I can't download it because it asks for authorization, could you put a print of the flow so I can understand what you did?

Thank you in advance for your attention

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Vitec0  you may want to get in touch with the Community team to get your access sorted out.

Labels