Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run as Analytic App

sahartz
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have 2 flows in 1 file (see below) 

sahartz_0-1614514804645.png

When the user uses the "Run as Analytic App" he needs to select files for both of the flows -

sahartz_1-1614514933192.png

Is there a way to have an option to present each flow separately so the user can choose the input and output file for each flow and not together?

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @sahartz ,

What's you can do is create a new tab in the Interface Designer, one tab would contain the inputs and one the outputs.

To do that, in the interface designer click the "Add" dropdown and select Tab

AngelosPachis_0-1614524217011.png

That will add a new tab in the interface, which you can go on and rename

AngelosPachis_1-1614524266312.png

Finally using the right, left arrows you can move elements from one tab to the other

Screenshot 2021-02-28 145829.jpg

That will allow you to have different tabs for your inputs and outputs as shown below

tabs.gif

Hope that helps,

Angelos

sahartz
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sahartz
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AngelosPachis 

I am trying to output the data from each flow to a different excel sheet in the same excel file.

I have 6 flows that I need to output to a different sheet in the same excel.

Is there a way to do this? Each time I am running the flows I will need to save to a different excel file so the user will need to choose the file name via the "select output"...

sahartz_0-1621430130185.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @sahartz ,

Not sure if that meets the requirements, but I have created two apps that can do what you are looking for I believe.

Please let me know if any of those help.

Cheers,

Angelos

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

.@sahartz thinking out-loud here.. since you need to output data on multiple tabs, then your output file will always be an Excel file. That means that you don't need to prompt your user to select what type of file they want their output to be, so you can only ask them where they need to save the file and what's the filename (this is what v2 app does).

If you want to be 100% sure that your output will always be unique even if your users assign the same filename twice, you can create a timestamp in a formula tool which you can then append to the filepath.

Labels