Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run a workflow and cache results in order to be stored when re open the workflow.

I would like to run a workflow and see the results from the tools (summarize, join etc).

When re open the workflow i want to be able to see the results without running again the workflow due to the high volume of data.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @mariosmathioudakis ,

Cache and run is designed primarily to support the phase of designing the workflow

Cache and run is designed to save the cache data only when you are working on your workflow. Hence the cache data is deleted once you close the workflow.

Please refer the below documentation blog on cache and run

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Just-take-the-Cache-and-Run-Caching-in-2018-3/ba-...

Snapshot from the blog.

Capture.PNG

In your scenario, It is suggestable to write the data to a file after extraction so that it available each time you want to access it.

Hope that was helpful.

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 🙂

Hi Quasar,

Thank you very much for your reply!

Do you mean to use an output tool? Can you attach me an example.. I have a big workflow with many summarize and join tools and i want every time i open the workflow, to see their outputs in the "Results" windows.

Thanks for your time!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Yes use an output tool at the end to save the summarized data.

Suggest-able to use .yxdb which is faster with Alteryx.

And each time you want to see the summarized data you can have a workflow with only an input tool and read the file.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@mariosmathioudakis ,

If my solutions were helpful. Please mark the appropriate solution as "Accepted solution".

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

And just a small FYI

Quasar is the Alteryx rank, like Atom is shown for you : )🙂

atcodedog05 is my handle.

Hahaha sorry for the inconvenience, the output is a solution, but it is not stored in the workflow only external. So once i open the workflow i do not have the data loaded as i would prefer.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @mariosmathioudakis ,

You kind off lost me in your last response. Can you make it more clear.

Since run and cache doesnt save your data.

The idea would be to save the data which you are expecting to see after caching, into a file. And use an input tool to reload the data for the further workflow. 

This is what i would do. I am really not aware of another solution.

That solution works for me perfect. Thank you very much!! 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@mariosmathioudakis 

Great to hear : )

Cheers and happy analysing 🙂

Labels