Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Two Batch Jobs in Events tab After Workflow is Complete

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I just wanted to confirm behavior before I implement events after my workflow runs.  If I have these two batch jobs. Will the top one run and complete before the next one is executed?  OR will the second one start immediately? 

clipboard_image_0.png

Thanks for the input. 

Regards,

Adam

1 REPLY 1
fharper
12 - Quasar

that is a good question@aehrenwo 

Yes, I have done so with batch files and proven it does run serially.

I use the Run Command tool mostly though.  The event basically is the same if using the Run Command option but you can do a little more with Run Command like capture results of a batch job and analyze it or use it for downstream purposes.  You can definitely stage multiple Run Command tools to control when they run in relation to one another as well.

One example is a job to execute a series of REST API calls to tableau for info on different things.  I use cURL which is a command line tool and I dynamically build the commands to sign in and other stuff.  You have to capture a token in the response of the signin command to pass to the other commands so the Run Command tool works great to stage this.  Made it into an App

clipboard_image_0.png

Labels