Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run Time Error on Image to Text tool

nmccarthy
6 - Meteoroid

I am getting the following error when I try to use the Image to text tool. It seems to only happen when I use a template. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Image to Text (5) Traceback (most recent call last):¶ File "image_to_text_engine.py", line 546, in ii_close¶ File "image_to_text_engine.py", line 340, in check_input_complete¶ File "image_to_text_engine.py", line 280, in process_images¶RuntimeError: The field "" is not contained in the record.¶

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of your workflow and how you have the tool configured? The Image to Text tool is configured as follows: 

Use Image to Text to convert BLOB images to text.

Tool Components

The Image to Text tool has three anchors:

• "D" input anchor: Use the "D" input anchor to connect the PDF image you want to convert.
  • "T" input anchor: Use the "T" input anchor to connect annotations from the Image Template tool.
  • Output anchor: Use the output anchor to pass the converted text downstream.

Configure the Tool

1. Add a PDF Input tool to the canvas.
  2. Select the Image you want to extract text from.
  3. Identify the Language of the text contained in the image.
  4. Run the workflow to convert the image to text.

Output

The Image to Text tool creates a column in the dataset. Each row in the column contains text from the pages of the PDF image.

nmccarthy
6 - Meteoroid

nmccarthy_0-1610994194954.pngnmccarthy_1-1610994231927.png

Here is a screenshot of the workflow along with the configuration. Below is a copy of the complete error.

Image to Text (5) Traceback (most recent call last):¶ File "image_to_text_engine.py", line 546, in ii_close¶ File "image_to_text_engine.py", line 340, in check_input_complete¶ File "image_to_text_engine.py", line 280, in process_images¶RuntimeError: The field "" is not contained in the record.¶

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you try putting a sample between the PDF input and the image to text? I am curious if it can apply the template to some PDFs but not others

nmccarthy
6 - Meteoroid

There is only one pdf in going into the tool. I tried using it on other PDF's and it still was not working. I have reached out to Alteryx Support.

Labels