Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run Macro depending on user selection

mrJAS
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am new to Alteryx and it is my first time to post a question.

I have 6 different macros inside a workflow. Is it possible to let user select which macro to run? i am thinking for example to have 6 checkboxes(1 check box for each macro), if the user check 1st and 3rd macro then only 2 macros will run. I hope that i explained well my question. Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @mrJAS ,

Yes that's doable. You would have to use 6 different containers, one containing each macro and then use a checkbox tool for each one of them to allow the user to activate one or more containers from the interface. 

Someone had a similar question recently in the community and I shared a workflow with them; The example only uses two containers, but you can do them for 6. Here's the link to the post.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/collapse-radio-button-with-containers-...

Let me know if you have any questions on the workflow. You should use 6 different checkbox tools, and not a single one as I have.

Looking forward to what you can come up with, please feel free to reach out if you face any issues.

Cheers,

Angelos

randreag
11 - Bolide

Hi @mrJAS 

Well there is a way you can use to execute one of the macros and is using tool containers in this way you can disable/enable the container you need to execute.

In reality I just have done it with 2 containers, I guess with a little work you can use this method with more containers.

This link contains an example Selecting Containers 

I hope it helps 

mrJAS
5 - Atom

Thank you for your response and yes i am able to do what i needed with conditional routing using checkbox. Is it okay if i have a follow up question, how can i give the user the option to select all the 6 checkboxes? i am thinking to have another checkbox that says select all and if the user check it all the 6 checkboxes will be selected, is this possible to alteryx?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @mrJAS ,

Glad that this worked for you. You can try adding another checkbox which you can connect to all 6 checkboxes and that would enable all of them, but I haven't tested how that will work with the selection of the other checkboxes.

Hope that's helps.

Cheers,

Angelos

Labels