Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Event VBScript Error

mariahmeehan
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am trying to run a workflow that writes out to two Excel named ranges in two different sheets. Given that Alteryx does not have an option to write out without the headers, I wrote a vbscript to loop through all the files (40 files) and delete the headers. The script runs just fine outside my workflow but when put into an Event or a Run Command Tool in Alteryx I get the following error:

Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #2: Failed to run external program "path\DeleteHeadersAlteryx.vbs": %1 is not a valid Win32 application. (193)

Has anyone experienced this error or have a solution for it?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Firstly, I don't understand this:

@mariahmeehan wrote:

Given that Alteryx does not have an option to write out without the headers,

Can you explain that more ?    are you writing to XLSX file or another format ?

@mariahmeehan wrote:

Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #2: Failed to run external program "path\DeleteHeadersAlteryx.vbs": %1 is not a valid Win32 application. (193)

That's fairly obvious.  If you open a command window and type DeleteHeadersAlteryx.vbs does it work properly ?  If it does you might just have to include the path in your Command tool

mariahmeehan
7 - Meteor

I figure out the issue. It was the way I configured the Run Event. I needed to add the wscript executable. Here is a screenshot of the configuration that worked. Thanks!

Labels