Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Command truncating field

nabegh
7 - Meteor

In my workflow I'm receiveing the following warning messages

Run Command (12) URL: "url here" was truncated
Run Command (12) The field "URL" was truncated in record #1

How can I prevent the Run Command from truncating the field?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I'm not sure of your specific implementation, but I've had trunaction issues in the past.  I usually place a Select tool in front of the tool that is causing truncation; then in the select tool, increase the size of the field that is getting truncated.

michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Is there any way you could upload your module so that we could attempt to reproduce your error?

nabegh
7 - Meteor

I found the solution. In the Run Command configuration, I can change the Field Length for the file. Please see screenshot.

I changed that and it worked.

Thanks.

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

Did the run command tool change? There's no option to change the field size that I can see? 

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

this thread should be unmarked as solved. If this was the solution at some point, the tool has been changed and the solution removed. My guess is the payload script needs to be modified - or the token is just broken. 

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

@davidhenington The dialog box in the image is the what we get when we click on the "Input" button in the configuration of the Run Command tool, it allows us to read in a file after the run command is complete, like an Input Data tool.

The tool has not changed, and the reply marked as the solution was useful for the original poster.

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

thanks so much @Joe_Mako ... I looked at the input config and for some reason didn't see that! 

The curse of being too busy sometimes...apologies and thanks. 

David

meetprashant
5 - Atom

I have difficulty getting this working. I have a powershell script that searches for a file with particular keyword. It then saves full path of the file that has that keyword.

As you can see in the image, I have set the field length to 25400 but it still truncates the path. I tried to simplify this by having just a run command that in turn calls powershell and outputs to a text file.

Any help will be appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

@meetprashant have you tried placing a Browse tool after it, and then double click the cell of interest to see the cell viewer.

The "browse anywhere" feature you are using with only give you a sampled view of the data, while the Browse tool will enable you to see the full text contents in the cell viewer.

Labels